How much does it cost to replace a roof on a 1500 square foot house?
As much as we’d like them to, roofing materials don’t last forever. When roofing is past its expiration date, you’ll need to have it replaced. One question that is always on the minds of homeowners is, “how much does a roof replacement cost?”
When it comes to roofing replacement for a 1500 square foot house, here are some things you should keep in mind:
Cost of replacing the roofing on a 1500 square foot house
The cost of a roof replacement depends primarily on two things: who’s installing the roofing and what roofing material you’re having installed. Here are some basic pricing rules for some common roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles: $120 – $400 per 100 sq. ft—equates to $1,800 to $6,000 for a 1500 sq. ft house.
- Slate shingles: $800 – $4,000 per 100 sq. ft—$12,000 to $60,000 for a 1500 sq. ft house.
- Tile shingles: $500 – $4,000 per 100 sq. ft—$9,000 to $60,000 for a 1500 sq. ft house.
- Metal roofing: $500 – $1,800 per 100 sq. ft—$7,500 to $27,000 for a 1500 sq. ft house.
(Prices per Angie’s List)
As you can tell, asphalt roofing is one of the best roofing options as it last quite a while and provides homeowners value for the money they spend on roofing materials.
Cost of installation
Aside from who’s installing the roofing and which roofing material you’re having installed, here are some other factors that affect the cost of roofing replacement:
- How steep a roof is
- Whether the old roofing needs to be torn down
- Things blocking the roofing (such as gutters and plumbing)
- Size of the roof
- Weather conditions
All of these factors affect the cost of roofing replacement, so there’s no set price for it. For all your roofing repair and replacement needs, give 911 Exteriors Roofing & Fence a call at 972-243-6700!
Need a Roofing Contractor in Dallas, TX?
Go Local & Trust 911 Exteriors Roofing & Fence
Proudly Serving the Dallas Area Since 1988